Sunday, July 12, 2009

Garage Sales


CONFESSION: I went "Garage sailing" this Saturday....YES. Me. I went with a friend of mine from work. You know, before you say anything, I was actually looking for some antique/retro jewelry. And, at an estate sale, I found it. Jackpot. I went in there with no expectations whatsoever, and came out with 6 pairs of earrings and 2 necklaces. This lady had some amazing taste in jewelry though. She liked geometric shapes, triangles, bright colors, and funky styles. It was definitely 1970s vintage, and they just screamed out to me from the table. "Take me with you!!" "We are so you!" haha. I kid. BUT I did definitely love them all, so I had to take them home with me. I'll post some pictures of them soon so you can see just how fabulous they really are.

Lesson learned: Garage sales are not all about junky stuff, but as the old cliche states: "One person's junk is another person's treasure". So true.

0 what do you think?:

Post a Comment