Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dream Away

People are always telling you to follow your heart, do what you think is right, or feels right...I say easier said than done, but there is a part of me that wants to believe that. I want to believe that my dreams will come true, and that I will be happy, and years and years down the road, I'll sit there and think, "I accomplished everything I wanted. I did what I came here to do." But on the way to that road, there are blocks put in the way; obstacles to overcome.

Why is it that people let others dictate their life for them? Can't they just break away from that and think for themselves? Self confidence is such a huge part of that. If you have the passion for something, don't let others tell you any different. Don't compare yourself with others! Just do your best and if you make it, great, if you don't, then at least you tried your hardest, and you know that you didn't give up something that could have been such a large part of your life. If you know you want to do something, then go for it. Don't waste your life away, doing something that you think you might enjoy doing, but are not really sure about it. Never settle. Always go for what you really want, and don't let that go. Whatever it may be, hold on to it tight, and never let it go, or you'll regret it for the rest of your life. The best feeling is waking up in the morning and not being able to get into work. That's when you know that you've made it to where you want to be.

Words to live by: "A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Walt Disney

"If we couldn't dream, our lives wouldn't mean anything anymore." -Georg Kaiser